The Sagas of the Wild West RPG expects all of the members of the site to conduct themselves in a mature fashion and with respect for the other members and admin. If you run into issues, please contact the other players involved and resolve it in private. If you feel that admin should be involved, please contact Stormwolfe privately via PM or DM on Discord to discuss the issue.
It is impossible to cover all situations and issues that might arise in the course of game-play. Therefore, matters may arise that are not explicitly covered here. The game managers reserve the right to address these things as the need arises.
Thank you for reading carefully!
Age Requirement: 18+ (you must be eighteen years or older to join the RPG).
Language (L2): In-character swearing is generally permitted. Extreme swearing and sexually graphic profanity should rarely be used.
Sex (S1): Mild sexual innuendo and references are allowed. This RPG is not about writing smut or porn. Fade-to-black when the clothes start coming off!
Violence (V1): Mild violence is permitted. Describe a violent scene as much as is needed to make it clear to the readers and co-writers. Extreme blood and guts and graphic sexual violence is prohibited.
If you are here just for writing violence, smut, and foul language we are not the site for you!
Code of Conduct
Assume that all rules come with a zero tolerance policy. Bullying or harassing other members of the RPG will result in immediate dismissal from the site and from our Discord. All out-of-character disagreements and issues will be handled BTS (behind-the-scenes).
Writers agree that they will not willfully and purposefully participate in bad roleplaying. This includes, but is not limited to powerplay, godmodding, and metagaming. Admins and Assistant Admins reserve the right to mod other writers’ characters should it become necessary in order to move the game past a stalled tag or scene.
For definitions of the terms above, please see the Roleplay Dictionary at the Forum Roleplay website. Note: Not all of the terms contained in the dictionary apply to this group.
Sagas of the Wild West welcomes in-character drama in all of our plots. We prefer seeing a balance of drama, humor, romance, and contention. We strongly recommend OOC discussions when planning major character drama. The following guidelines are to keep the players and admin staff on the same page.
- Character Death: You may not kill anyone else’s character without permission from the player or staff (if the player has left the game).
- Character Contention: Please discuss character contention with the other player(s) involved and notify Admin also. You do not have to provide details, just let everyone know that the contention has been planned. This is for your protection and ours!
- In-Character Actions Have In-Character Consequences! If your character is seriously wounded on Tuesday, he or she will not be roping and riding on Wednesday. This goes for almost all in-character overt actions and words. Other writers are not required to have their characters react as you think they should.
Sagas of the Wild West will always try to keep our RPG Requirements as minimal as possible. To keep the game flowing, we do have a few basic requirements to be aware of.
We do not require activity checks. However, if a player makes zero effort to post or engage in the RPG and does not have an official LOA/ELOA posted, their accounts will be moved to Inactive after 30 days. After 90 days, it will be deleted.
We do not have a minimum word requirement on scene posts. We do ask that you make substantial posts that move the plot forward. They should allow for a good response from your writing partner(s).
Joint scenes (aka joint posts or JPs) can become very long very quickly as each writer adds to them. Please break your JPs up into 1,000-1,500 word posts. This keeps each segment at a very readable length leaving us all wanting more!
We have no set limits for the number of characters each member may create and play. However, we do suggest that you get your first character approved and into play before creating more.
- Sagas of the Wild West offers their active members the option to advertise. However, advertising is not open to the general RPG public.
- Absolutely no advertising in Character signatures!
- Active Players may post discrete PG-13 ads in their signature.
- All images must be static, no gifs / animations allowed.
- No more than one 700px X 250px ad or 4 88X31 buttons.
- Active Players may request to have their 88×31 buttons on the main index of the forum by PMing @Stormwolfe and including the button’s code.
- As a general rule, a Player’s buttons will not be removed from the site if they leave.
- Advertisements must be to sites that the Player is a member of and/or on their staff.
Read Next! Account Creation